Dana Lynne Varga brings many years of experience as successful entrepreneur, artistic director, performer and teacher. Realizing that musicians actively look for quality career advice, Dana uses her experience to help you get on the right career track and create realistic and achievable goals. She offers one-on-one consultations as well as group consultations and workshops/seminars.
During a consultation, you will receive guidance in any of the desired areas listed below:
For all musicians:
- Learning the business of classical music: how to zoom out and see the field as a whole
- Creating stellar materials with which to market yourself
- Mapping out alternative paths to "success"
- Correlating career options to complement your musical endeavors; realistic goals to balance a career as a musician while making enough to live on and to save.
- Brainstorming/honing in on skills you have or wish to develop within the field that can enhance your career artistically & financially
- Navigating social media and using it to your advantage.
- Choosing colleges (undergrad, graduate, grad diploma/artist diploma, DMA).
- Building and maintaining a private teaching studio(recruitment, policies, teaching space, scheduling, taxes, etc.)
- All related areas
For singers specifically:
- Exploring the various paths to becoming a singer
- Choosing appropriate repertoire (opera, oratorio, art song, musical theatre) for every and any specific type of audition/performance
- De-mystifying "fach" and what it means for you and your aria package
- Re-working the “whole package"; work on resume, bio, audition attire, cover letters, recommendation letters, etc.
- Choosing Young Artist Programs and competitions to audition for (and, is this your path?)
- Building a support "team": voice teacher and coach recommendations, seminar/masterclass/conference recommendations
- Honest opinion of your performance(s), whether you choose to sing live (bring accompanist) or show/play clips.
- All related areas
(Consultations can be conducted in person in Boston, or remotely, via Skype or telephone)
- $90 for a one hour one-on-one consultation
- $155 for a package of two one hour one-on-one consultations
- $130 ($65 per person) for a 75 minute consultation with you and a friend or colleague
- $150 ($50 per person) for a 90 minute consultation with you and two friends or colleagues
Workshops and seminars must be coordinated directly with Dana, as rates and availability vary. Please send an inquiry using the contact form.